Welcome to Programming Sections 600A, 610B, 620C & 630D!
Please log in to SCHOOLOGY see our Programming Section which course information, grades and resources.
If you aren’t able to log in, do the following:
1. Check out this link for specific information: https://goo.gl/Zfjnde
2. Get a parent access code from me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Go to http://www.schoology.com and Sign Up as a parent using these directions.
Course description (Course Syllabus)
Students will learn programming concepts as they learn how to create animated stories and games using simple programming languages (Hopscotch/Scratch (Pyonkee). No programming experience required!
After completing this course, students will have a basic understanding of:
- the way information and a program are encoded in binary numbers (bits)
- decomposing problems into understandable and manageable pieces
- how to debug a program to verify is correct operation
- programming concepts such as algorithms, arguments, conditional statements, functions, loops (cycles), procedures, process, values and variables.
As time permits, we will also explore these topics using resources from www.commonsensemedia.org.
- self-image & identity
- relationships & communication
- digital footprint & reputation
- cyberbullying & digital drama
- information literacy
- internet safety
- privacy and security
- creative credit & copyright
This video highlight’s what programming is and gives you a glimpse of the extra credit assignment through Khan Academy.
For more information, including the course syllabus, please join our Schoology course.