Tech Crew met again today. We finalized who is assigned to each cart. Their task is different this year. They do not report missing iPads. They are to care for the cart and teach others how to do so. To that end they are working on a video to share that teaches others how to remove and return iPads without damaging the cords. Also, every cart should have this poster inserted to the inside of the cart. (attached) Let me know if you are still missing one.
iPad Cart Captains, “Make it so.”
If you are missing an iPad and can not find it, please let me know. We are no longer reporting missing iPads through the google form.
We are looking for problem solvers and organizers to join TIS Tech Crew! We are here to support our peers, teachers and the community.
We’ll begin meeting next Tuesday in room 209 (Mrs. Kimball’s):
TIS TECH CREW
4th Grade 12:05-12:20
– 5th Grade 11:45-12:00
– 6th Grade 12:00-12:15
Tech Crew met today and worked on these items.
– We discussed taking care of class room iPad crates, folders, tags, etc.
– We nominated Maddie as our secretary.
– Stressed the importance of ignoring iPad updates. It breaks uPad.
– Add folders to classrooms with new students (Hubbard & Steinke)
– We added more of our photos to http://earthtree.org/tech-crew/
We meet each Tuesday in the conference room during their 1st recess. More info: http://earthtree.org/tech-crew/
Thank you so much for encouraging students to sign up for Tech Crew. We had our first and largest membership meeting yesterday. We had nearly 30 students crammed into to TIS Conference room! AND we have a great balance of girls and boys. We also have representation for EVERY CLASS. 🙂
Please allow Tech Crew Members check Schoology at least twice a day. I’ll assign tasks through Schoology.
Their first assignment is to count iPads at the end of the day. I know you have someone else doing this, but the redundancy will help to confirm the placement of iPads. I’ve also asked the Crew to take a photo of themselves for our website. Please let them do this during a convenient time.
Here’s a tutorial on how to upload photos/videos to Schoology. As the Crew and I create tutorials, we’ll add them to the right-side of www.earthtree.org, under TIS Tech Crew. http://goo.gl/VMEYx5
Crew Members should ALWAYS model good digital citizenship. Let me know if you see any non-examples. I’ll talk to the student and call their parents to let them know that their child may be uninvited if they aren’t able to maintain good digital citizenship consistently. I’m sending home letters to Tech Crew parents regarding their child’s role and expectations.
I’m changing the meeting times for 4th grade. We meet each Tuesday in the TIS Conference room at the big table. We meet during recess time.
- 5th Grade 11:35-11:55
- 4th Grade 11:55-12:15
- 6th Grade 12:00-12:25
Tech Crew needs members!
TIS TECH CREW
Students that are interested should scan the code on the poster OR click here and fill out the information.
11:35-11:55 TIS conference room
- 4th grade during lunch
- 5th grade during lunch recess
12:00-12:20 TIS conference room
- 6th grade during lunch recess
- Students will exhibit leadership for digital citizenship by supporting their community to troubleshoot systems and applications.
- create original works as a means of personal or group expression
- communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats
- evaluate digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks
- plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project
- exhibit leadership for digital citizenship
- troubleshoot systems and applications
- Students obtain first hand knowledge on how to help others.